Fastmarkets RISI, the definitive source of commodity data and insights for the forest products industry, has announced open registration for the 23rd Biennial PPI Transport Symposium, to be held September 16-18, 2019 in Tarragona, Spain at the Port Aventura Business & Events Convention Centre. PPI Transport Symposium is the longest running conference and exhibition dedicated to the global forest products logistics industry. Organised by Fastmarkets RISI, in association with the International Forest Products Transport Association (IFPTA), hosted this year by the Port of Tarragona, this event comprehensively combines learning, exhibiting, and networking.
Global professionals from across the forest products transport and logistics supply chain will join panel discussions on the main stage to offer attendees key market insight into the latest trends and challenges facing the industry. Panel topics will include:
• Regulations – How will carriers adapt to IMO 2020 sulphur regulations?
• Managing fleets – Are existing carriers opening themselves up to competition?
• China shaping global pulp demand and the impact of the RCP import ban.
• The rail link between Europe and China and its use in pulp and paper trade. •
• Digitalisation and innovations within the supply chain.
• Pulp and paper opportunities in the Iberian Peninsula.
• The decline of breakbulk facilities.
Attendees can also join round-table discussions on the exhibition floor to understand how your industry peers view, and are reacting to, the major issues facing the industry.
Other networking experiences include a welcome cocktail reception hosted by Port of Tarragona, a port tour, lunches, and networking coffee breaks. IFPTA members will also have access to an exclusive
Attendees can use break time to explore the exhibition floor to discover the latest innovations and connect with new and existing business partners.
Past Transport Symposiums have included 550-750 attendees from over 250 companies, from more than 25 countries around the world. Exhibitors will be best positioned to meet other attendees and to maximise the presence of their business.